A K-1 visa is a visa issued to the fiancé or fiancée of a United States citizen to enter the United States. A K-1 visa requires a foreigner to marry his or her U.S. citizen petitioner within 90 days of entry, or depart the United States.
K1 Visa Cost
As of December, 2016 the total filing fees for the K-1 process were $535 for Form I-129F (filed with USCIS), $265 to apply for the K visa (paid to the consulate), and $1,225 for Form I-485 and the adjustment of status packet (filed with USCIS), including the biometrics fee.
My K1 Visa Experience Step By Step
- We filed our I-129F in January 30, 2017 and received our NOA-1 on February 08,2017.
- After 115 Days of Waiting We Received our NOA-2 ( Meaning USCIS Approved the petition) June 03, 2017
- 2 weeks from the date that we received our NOA-2, I got my case number from NVC but no Letter and No invoice Number yet.
Because i really have to know my NVC number i just call them thru phone, Best time to call is 10 am -11 am Philippine time. (You may contact NVC at +1 603-334-0700) I got my Case number and i go directly to NBI to get My sundry information. Because, “If you have lived in a country other than the Philippines for more than 12 months, you must submit a police clearance from that country” you may check my blog about getting police clearance/ sundry information to this Link:
- On June 27,2017 we Received our NVC letter, by mail;
- and appointment Letter from US Embassy Manila By Email on July 10, 2017
- August 30, Recieved Letter from US Embassy by MAIL along the approved i-129F
See the details below of experience on my medical in St. Lukes.
To tell you my experience short about my interview.. September 5 2017, I arrived in USEM at 5:00 Am. My appointment is 6:40 Am so, madami nang naka upo dun sa labas (may bayad ang upo 30 php Lol)
At 6:00 Nagtawag na ang guard para mag pila… So there here it is.
- I go to the window, 46 there’s a lady that will ask you about your info. Info of your Petitioner. After that she will instruct you to go to window 45 for Finger Scanning FS –(Masungit yung kano na yon hehe.) You must be attentive when he is talking to you. When i’m done, he told me to go ahead for interview.
- After 45 minutes of waiting, wew. okay, its my turn. I greeted, Mr. CO a pleasant Good morning with a smile. then he smiled me back and say good morning too and how are you.
CO: What is the name of your Petitioner?
Me: Name Last name
CO: When was the last he visit you?
CO: How many times he visits you here?
CO: Why do you like your fiance’ ( with matching smile)
Me: He is….
CO: Do you have his CENOMAR?
Me: I don’t have sir.
( then he is looking up with my documents and i think the one he is looking in computer is the ds 160 lol)
CO: ok, did you travel abroad? where country?
Me: Yes, UAE.
CO: do you have police certificate?
Me: Yes i have.
then he paused for a while again and he gibe me a pamphlet, and explaining to me what is all about that. after that he told me that he can’t approved right now my visa because he needs my A.K.A name in NBI and my Petitioner CENOMAR and he instructed me to go to the Releasing area. He keep my passport and other documents.
when i go to the releasing area, then, filipina girl call me (she is the first who interviewed me at the PRE-SCREENING) she told me that i need to send the documents that they need from me, so they issue 221 (g) after that, she told me i can go home now.
When i’m on my way home, i call my friend that is working in PSA to request a CENOMAR of my fiance’ (perks of having a friend that is working in Government lol) The next day i got his cenomar and i got my nbi aka name too, i go quickly in 2go to send my documents.
see the details below of my post about AP (administrative processing)
after 9 days in AP September 14, they issued my visa! Yeah! 🙂
All the hardships has paid, since day 1 of waiting of NOA1 & 2 specially, the medical in st.lukes.. Thank you lord God for not giving up on me, since day 1, your presence is with me always.. there’s no impossible with God, keep on praying & be patient, All is Well.
All my prayers has been answered! and i’m so blessed and favored..
truth is, “when you seek God first, blessing will come first to you. :)”
- Mark 11:24
- Philippians 4:13